Search by Keyword, Title, Author, Boolean Keyword, Title (keyword or phrase), Topic/Subject, Author/Composer, Subject Heading or Call Number.
- Step 1. Type your search term into the search box.
- Step 2. Choose from the search "within" options.
- Step 3. Click on the "Search" button to perform your search.
Basic Search Hints
- In keyword searches, enclose phrases (words you want searched next to each other in a specified order) in double quotation marks (" "). For example, a search for "higher education" enclosed in double quotes finds only occurrences of the two words next to each other in that order.
- In keyword searches, find multiple forms of a word by typing a question mark (?) at the end the part of the word that remains the same in any form of the word. For example, typing educat? finds educator, educators, educate, educated, and education.
- Don't include an initial article ("the," "a," or "an") at the beginning of a title.
- Type last name first for people as authors or subjects, e.g. Clinton Bill.
- If a subject or keyword search yields no results, try a synonym of the word or phrase you searched initially. For example, try searching "films" or "motion pictures" if a search for "movies" yields no results.