What is Document Delivery?
Document Delivery is a service for TCNJ students, faculty and staff that provides electronic scans of articles and book chapters from material held by TCNJ Library.
Is there a fee for Document Delivery?
There is no fee for this service.
What items can be scanned?
- Articles from journals, conference proceedings and newspapers
- Book chapters
- Parts of musical works
- Parts from manuscripts
Materials not available for scanning:
- Items already available electronically
- Items restricted by copyright policy
How soon can I expect my article?
Most Document Delivery requests are available in about 48 hours.
What are the limitations on scanning?
- We must adhere to copyright fair use guidelines in providing articles and book chapters through Document Delivery.
- Copies are provided for the purpose of private study or research. Any other use may require the permission of the copyright owner. It is the responsibility of the requestor to comply with all applicable copyright laws.
- We can only provide one chapter from a book or one article from a single issue of a journal.
What if I require alternate text format?
TCNJ Disability Support Services offers services for those requiring alternate text format: